Schlumberger-Omni Oil manufacturing venture

KUALA LUMPUR: Schlumberger Ltd, a global supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solution to oil and gas industry, has formed a strategic manufacturing collaboration with Omni Oil Technologies (M) Sdn Bhd to facilitate the production of downhole completion tools in Malaysia.
Schlumberger Asia Pacific chairman Ainul Azhar Ainul Jamal said Malaysia was chosen as the location for the company’s maiden manufacturing cooperation due to the country’s investment-friendly business policies and a well established oilfield sector.
“Through this cooperation, we continue our support to local companies while delivering quality products,” he told reporters after the signing of the cooperation agreement here yesterday.
The collaboration agreement was signed by vice-president and geomarket manager – Malaysia, Brunei and Philippines Demos Pafitis on behalf of Schlumberger while Omni Oil Technologies was represented by its managing director Nik Mustapa Fathil.
Elaborating on the downhole completion tools, Ainul Azhar said the production will be using local facilities and local network of suppliers and vendors.
“The country’s well-developed workforce is important to accomplish our mutual objectives, and its infrastructure allows raw materials and finished goods to be easily transported domestically as well as regionally.
Meanwhile, Nik Mustapa said the Schlumberger international footprint and its well-established engineering and manufacturing organisation will add depth and strength to the cooperation.
“Our mix of competencies in the areas of strategic sourcing, inventory management and production planning will allow us to be flexible and competitive in the local and international markets,” he said.
A 70 per cent Bumiputera-owned company, Omni Oil Technologies has been operating in Malaysia since 2007, and operates a manufacturing facility in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, together with United Arab Emirates-based Tercel Oilfield Products Ltd, which owns the remaining 30 per cent stake.
The company is involved in precision machining and refurbishment of downhole completion products and accessories. Bernama
Read more: Schlumberger-Omni Oil manufacturing venture