With drilling frontiers being constantly pushed into more challenging environments, the need to minimize the operational costs and the risks is becoming critical. Performance drilling is the optimization of the complete drilling system efficiency in order to achieve this objective.
The drilling efficiency optimization is governed by the ROP and footage maximization, the vibration mitigation and the directional control enhancement. These interdependent performance parameters are influenced by both the operational and the geo-mechanical environments.
The challenges associated with complex wells are:
- Operational cost reduction
- Hard and abrasive formations
- High temperature, high pressure downhole conditions
- Wellbore stability issues
- High dog leg severity and wellpath tortuosity
- Slow drilling, vibrations and poor directional control
Rubicon offers a wide range of drilling tools contributing to the complete drilling system efficiency and allowing to keep the operational costs at low level while the well’s complexity increases.